Thursday, February 18, 2016

RELEASE DAY BLITZ Guarding His Obsession by Alexa Riley


GHO_Ad.jpg








Buy the book


Free on Kindle Unlimited





GHO_Ecover_Final.jpg





AP - Synopsis.jpg


When Drake Hart's security team is hired to find a stalker, he has no idea what's in store for him. However, the day Zoey Lewis' picture lands in his lap, there's nothing he won't do to save her. He's always been quiet and shy, but seeing her changes everything.
Zoey is missing a filter when it comes to interacting with people. She's used to being lost in her computer and being taken care of by her sister. She's an oddball, and people find it hard to deal with. But when Drake Hulk-smashes his way into her world, she doesn't feel so out of place.
When Zoey is threatened and needs protection, will Drake save the day? With a body like his, all signs point to yes!
Warning: He owns a security firm. She's a little nerdy. It's a classic trope and a recipe for sugary-sweet erotica!




I don't know how an erotic romance could be so cute but Alexa Riley managed to do just that. I have never read Alexa Riley before and I was pleasantly surprised on how this duo pulled off a no filter between her brain and her mouth nerd and made her so freakin' cute. If  Zoey was a real person she would be the type of friend that would alternately (and unintentionally) insult you and make you bust out laughing. Drake (ohh sigh) is the kind of big guy you are naturally cautious of because he is the big gruff type who looks dangerous. Zoey is uber smart and the stuff that comes out of that mouth is unbelievable sometimes but she has such a sweet and naive quality about her it's understandable why Drake feels so protective over her. Drake is tough and former SWAT but his career ended when he took a bullet to the knee. He is shy and usually keeps to himself but Zoey bring out his protective nature tenfold.

This book overall was great, it had humor and on a scale on one to rwar it was definitely RWAR. But it also had just enough suspense to keep it from getting too monotonous with just sex sex sex.  





AP- Excerpt.jpg

"I feel a finger lift my chin and find myself looking at him. My glasses slide back on my nose. I didn’t even hear him move towards me.

“I can protect both of you. Your sister, too. I know it will make you both feel better knowing you’re safe. What can it hurt? You won’t even notice I’m around.”

“That’s highly improbable. You’re ginormous and look like a male sex god.”

“You can’t say shit like that to me.” He runs a hand through his hair like I’ve made him uncomfortable. So much for cutting through the bullshit.

“Sorry. I—”

His mouth hits mine, cutting off my words. For a moment I’m still not sure what just happened. I thought I had pissed him off. I dig my fingers into his shirt as he continues to go at my mouth. When I feel his hands go to my ass, I gasp. He takes the opening and pushes his tongue into my mouth.

I let my eyes close as he devours my mouth. This is nothing like the kiss I had before. I push my tongue into his mouth, mimicking his movements, wondering if I’m making him feel what he’s making me feel.

My body feels like I’m buzzing. Something inside of me is coming to life. I push further into him, wanting to be closer. I deepen the kiss. He goes to pull back, but I wrap my hands around his neck, not even noticing that I’m eye level with him and that my feet are no longer on the floor as I pull him back to me.
I move against him, needing the friction. His cock is settled against my core, and I move my hips against him, taking what I want. What I need. Everything else is forgotten, my mind just shuts off.
He growls into my mouth, and I swear the sound vibrates through my whole body and goes straight to where I need it. My body explodes. A moan falls from my lips as I finally pull them from his. I let my head drop back and enjoy the sensations rocking through my whole body. I feel like I’m floating.
When I finally come back down, I realize I kind of am. My legs are wrapped around his waist and I’ve somehow ended up with my back to a wall. I feel his tongue come out and lick my neck, making my body jerk.
“I wanna do that again,” I say lazily. I think I could do that over and over again.
“Your place isn’t secure. Come to mine and I’ll do it over and over again.”
“Mmkay,” is all I say. I’d probably go anywhere he asked me at the moment.
“Holy shit.”
I roll my head to the side and see my sister standing in the doorway. A man stands beside her with a shocked looked on his face, mirroring Elle’s expression. I’m guessing that’s her guard.
“I’m keeping this one,” I say, locking my arms around him, not wanting to do a trade.
“Fuck,” Hart says, placing me on the floor. I regretfully let my arms fall from around his neck.
He steps in front of me, blocking my view of my sister and the other man.
“I don’t think you should be her guard, Hart,” I hear the other man say. His words make my heart drop.
“I’m moving in with him,” I retort, popping my head out from behind him. Elle giggles. Both men just ignore us.
“Fuck,” Hart says again, like it’s the only word he knows at the moment. He runs his hands through his hair again. It must be something he does when he’s frustrated.
“We can get Kent to guard her,” the other man says, making me scowl at him.
“No,” Hart bites back, finally giving us another word besides fuck. “I’ll get it under control,” he says before looking down at me. “Go pack your stuff.”








Alexa Riley

is two sassy friends who got together and wrote some dirty books. They are both married moms of two who love football, donuts, and obsessed book heroes.
They specialize in insta-love, over-the-top, sweet, and cheesy love stories that don’t take all year to read. If you want something SAFE, short, and always with a happily ever after, then Alexa Riley is for you!
Author Links


AR sig.jpg




Ardent 4.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment