Tuesday, August 29, 2017

ARC REVIEW DC Universe Rebirth Wonder Woman Vol. 3: The Truth

Wonder Woman

DC Universe Rebirth

Vol. 3: The Truth



Issues: #13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23 and 25
By Greg Rucka
Art by Liam Sharp





Story: Diana Prince has been driven mad by her memories and not being able to tell what the truth from a lie. Thinking she finally made it home to Themyscira, but she hasn’t. Steve manages to find her just in time to thwart the evil forces that are trying to get to Themyscira, those same forces have gone after all of Diana’s friends Etta and Barbara Ann are in hiding. Steve has no other choice but to lock Diana away in a hospital until he can get her allies back together again. Meanwhile Diana is having crazy visions sorting out all the falsehoods from her memories. Steve has brought together Diana’s most loyal friends and with Diana who is slightly saner the when she went in takeoff to stop them from opening the door to Themyscira. That leads to an epic battle of good versus evil on Themyscira.


Art: Liam Sharp did an excellent job, I am most impressed. Laura Wright and Hi-Fi did a great job with the coloring. I really do Love the artwork in this and of course the variant art is pretty too.






Review:   I really did enjoy this one. I was a little confused at first, but then I realised I was sleep deprived and the next day I started over and I remembered what happened at the end of The Lies. The story was well paced and very exciting the artwork just added to it, Diana's hallucinations were great. Ares, not surprised there and I like what they did. I can't wait to see what happened in the even numbered issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment