Tuesday, October 17, 2017

ARC REVIEW DC Universe Rebirth: Batman/The Flash The Button Deluxe Edition

Batman/The Flash
The Button Deluxe Edition

DC Universe Rebirth
Issues: Batman 21-22 The Flash 21-22

Story: Tom King and Joshua Williamson
Art: Howard Porter and Jason Fabok


Story: Batman finds a strange blood stained smiley face button in the batcave. All of his analysis leads him to believe that it's not from this dimension. When a strange spark causes him to see his father he knows only one person can help The Flash. But an instant later the impossible happens The Reverse Flash appears beats up Batman, then when he discovers the button a split second later he dies. Flash arrives to find a beaten up Batman next to the charred corpse of The Reverse Flash. After Batman fills Barry in on what happened Barry wonders if the Flashpoint timeline didn't disappear like it was supposed to and together they decide it's worth a try. Batman and The Flash "travel" to the Flashpoint universe where Bruce Wayne comes face to face with his father. awwwwww. But Batman and Flash need to keep going to get to the bottom of this and find out who is responsible.







Art:
Jason Fabok does the pencils and inks for pt.1 and 3 with Brad Anderson on colors and all four covers. Howard Porter's art on pt. 2 and 4 with Hi-Fi on colors. I liked the art in a whole you can definitely see the differences between the two when they are next to each other but side by side with almost the same image and you can see it. Overall I think I prefer Jason Fabok I just like his lines better, but all in all I loved the all the art.


 



Review: I know there are a lot of mixed reviews but I enjoyed this one. I liked the touch on Flashpoint and even bring in Garrett for the short amount of time that he was there. I hope Reverse Flash stays dead this time. I really do like that it appears to be DC's solution to fixing things, going back to before the Flashpoint paradox screw up and going more traditional. I am enjoying Rebirth and this tease for what's to come was great because now I'm on pins and needles waiting for what's next. As the crossover that leads up to the big event and as the tagline says the road to the Doomsday Clock starts here. 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment