Thursday, February 1, 2018

ARC REVIEW Goddess of Forgetfulness by Mimi Jean Pamfilioff

Those crazy Gods and Goddesses are back!
Immortal Matchmakers Inc. #4 Finally brings us one of my favorites Forgetty, aka DJ Whatsherface, or Getty, or Hey You. I love these characters because they are bat shit crazy and so unpredictable. I had no idea what to expect when it came to this book and I was blown out of the water, Forgetty is so much better than I hoped for and not just her story but the side story with Zac and Tula. Yes this is a stand alone you don't need to read the first books or even the original series Accidentally...Yours? (But I highly recommend both series) But the Zac and Tula story has been going on since the first book in the series Immortal Matchmakers Inc. and that's the only part that might make a first reader a little lost. MJ does do a good job of reminding us what happened previously without it sounding redundant to a returning reader.

Ever since Cimil, Goddess of the Underworld, messed with the natural order of things and stopped the world from ending things have been a little hinky. As her punishment for basically screwing with everyone Cimil and Zac, God of Temptation, have been punished stripped of their powers and forced to play matchmaker to their fellow gods and other immortals. It was soon discovered that the whole natural order of things is screwed up and those things that were once evil are now good. Unfortunately that also means beings that are good are going to turn evil, unless they find their soul mate which leads to the balancing out their good and evil. Forgetty can feel it, the evil wanting to take over she's desperate for Cimil's matchmaking help but the ditsy Cimil is otherwise occupied. See she his Tula way from Zac she manipulated everything so it would have her desired outcome but she screwed up once again and when Zac finds Tula it's going to be a bloodbath. Forgetty decides to take matters into her own hands after all she is a famous DJ currently traveling on tour with a handful of other DJs, she has adoring fans, fans who don't actually remember her but they are her fans, maybe she can find just one who wants to be more than that. Out of all the people in the world it had to be him. He was rude and mean and just way too damn good looking, he's arrogant and crude, sexy as sin and he actually remembers her. He's all wrong for her and oh so perfect at the same time. Forgetty is willing to let all his pompous behavior slide just to keep from turning evil; but there is more to Tavas that he lets on. Meanwhile Cimil's plan blows up in her face.

Overall, these books just keep getting better and better. No cliffhanger but there is a mighty big teaser ending about Zac and Tula, I tell ya there's is a continuing story. It was nice to see Forgetty and my other favorite Goddess, Ixtab, work together. This book put me through the emotional ringer. I laughed, I cried, I cursed, and I begged for more. I quote my favorite Bond song, "Nobody does it better".

As per her usual MJ has a playlist on Spotify
and I transferred that playlist over to YouTube because I don't use Spotify and I like music videos. There are one or two that didn't transfer over because they didn't have videos I replaced one with something similar. 

Here is something I did for the book, a collage. I grab models and or actors to represent what I think the characters look like model Cinderella Rockafella and model/actor Theo Theodoridis.


No comments:

Post a Comment