Tuesday, February 6, 2018

ARC REVIEW This Fallen Prey by Kelley Armstrong

This Fallen Prey is book three of Kelley Armstrong's Rockton series. I recently just back into reading Kelley Armstrong, I fell in love with her Women of the OtherWorld series when they first came out but lost track of her book releases. I saw this up for review and I nabbed it, when I saw it was book 3 I quickly hopped on Amazon and ordered the first two. That's how much faith I have in Armstrong I knew without a doubt these books would be amazing, and the freakin' are. Armstrong has such a way with words, her active setting pulls you in and everything else around just falls  away and you are completely immersed in this town and tied to these people. This is one of those series where I think it best to read them in order just because background for all the major characters and the town happened in the first book and events of the second book are mentioned.

Spring has arrived in Rockton, the isolated Canadian town where people go to disappear, where Casey Duncan has become Casey Butler. But that's not the only thing that has arrived. The council has send up a serial killer for them to keep safe for six months. Completely unprepared and unsure of how to handle a person like this Sheriff  Eric Dalton, Deputy Will Anders, and Casey struggle on what to tell the rest of the town and what to do with Oliver Brady, serial killer, especially when their holding cell isn't big enough to keep him for six months and whenever he gets the chance he's spouting off his innocence. Things only get more convoluted the longer he's there and when he manages to escape it all goes to hell in a handbasket. Casey and Eric have to not only track down Oliver, but face the elements, the wildlife, find Eric's missing brother, a sniper, a traitor, deal with the primitive First Settlers, the string of dead bodies they seem to keep running across, and unravel the mystery of Oliver Brady.

Overall, OMG this book. It's one of those books where I just have to sit back after I'm done reading it and just let my brain absorb everything that happened and the ending, oy vey. I know it's only February but it's going to take a lot to knock this book down from my favorite read for this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment