Tuesday, August 29, 2017

ARC REVIEW My Fair Lover by Nicole Jordan

My Fair Lover is book five in Nicole Jordan's Legendary Lovers series. It's fine to read as a stand alone, I haven't read any of the others and I was able to follow just fine. It was quite amusing to find out the matchmaker in the other book is the main character in this book. Normally I love Pygmalion/ My Fair Lady type tropes but this one fell flat a little for me.  Brandon kept annoying me throughout the whole book, I kept wanting to scream at him that he does love her, what he's feeling is love; the big dolt. Kate was nice but there wasn't anything really to make her stand out other than being the matchmaker. the ending did have a bit of excitement that I did enjoy but the romance was just okay.

Brandon Deverill just inherited a title, a family friend suggested he talk to Lady Katherine Wilde and get some refinement and have her find him an appropriate wife. Brandon has already decided to marry Kate, if he can get her to forgive him for spurning her six years ago. Brandon doesn't believe in love but Kate won't marry without it. Brandon makes a deal with Kate that she helps him find a wife and he'll help her find the sunken boat off the coast of France that killed parents. But while she's trying to find him a match he's working to figure out a way to get her to agree to marry him.

Overall, aside from Brandon being kind of annoying to me the rest of the characters were entertaining. I just wish the romance and the chemistry between Brandon and Kate was more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment