Tuesday, October 24, 2017

ARC REVIEW Bound to a Spy by Sharon Cullen

Book two in Sharon Cullen's series All the Queen's Men can easily be read as a standalone. I'll be the first one to admit I'm weird, I love historical romance and I love history, but I don't like political machinations and all the double crossing and back stabbing drama but I love spy novels. I usually tend to avoid books with actual historical figures as main or secondary characters in them honestly I don't really know why I guess I like my fiction to remain fiction. That being said I really enjoyed this one. Sharon Cullen is a fantastic writer enough that I overlook my weird reading tendencies.

Mary the Queen of Scots and her boorish husband are still at outs and with the baptism of their son looms closer and closer there is a plot afoot to kill the King. Unfortunately for poor Rose Turner she just happened to overhear the conspirators talking and now she conflicted. While he is the King and morally no one should be murdered she can't help but think that maybe he deserves it because she has been on the receiving end of his unwanted attentions.   

Rose isn't the only one aware of the plot Will Sheffield was there too and for some reason he feels like he has to protect Rose from the dangerous situation she unintentionally got herself into. The more Time they spend together trying to figure out what to do the more they fall in love. Will however doesn't want a wife, because he loves his job as a spy and it has no place for a wife, or atleast that what he tells himself Rose knows the real reason he resists her and even though he's nothing what she wanted for herself she falls in love with him for the man she knows he is underneath the exterior.

Overall, it was a really good read. My only issue is that it ended abruptly, it was a good ending it was fine that it stopped there but it just stopped, I was left wanting a little more.   

No comments:

Post a Comment