Tuesday, November 20, 2018

ARC REVIEW Escape Velocity by Jonathan Paul Isaacs


Escape Velocity (The Quantum War Book 1)The Quantum War Series #1, New author for me, very impressed. I really enjoyed this one it's action packed and the characters are well written. It's third person POV but the focus switches between Lieutenant Wyatt Wills and his Staff Sergeant Laramie McCoy. The story kind of reminds me of Resident Evil (the movies) meets The Omega Man (Yes the Charlton Heston movie) but in space. I liked the world building the descriptive narrative was wonderfully done the characters have plenty of depth. Wyatt is dealing with guilt from the last mission that cost several people their lives and him his leg. Laramie, I loved her, she's a badass chick I pictured her looking something like Rhonda Rousey.

Wyatt's first mission back from medical leave is to take his team through the quantum gates from Proxima to Alpha Centari A and then on to the colonized planet of Juliet. All communication and interstellar travel between the two has stopped. Juliet has gone silent. What they find there is far more disturbing and deadly than dealing with pirates on Proxima.   

Overall, it was a great read. It has intense action the pacing is great. It does leave off with a bit of a teaser for the next book which has me hooked, I'll definitely read it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment