Friday, December 6, 2019

ARC REVIEW Forever and a Duke by Grace Burrowes

Forever and a Duke (Rogues to Riches, #3)Rogues to Riches#3, Even though I really didn't care for the second book in the series I did enjoy a book from another series written by Grace Burrowes so I thought I'd give this one a try, unfortunately it wasn't as good as I hoped. I did like it a bit more than the previous book the synopsis sounded good but once again just fell short for me. I liked the idea that a woman could be the best auditor in all of London and that a competing bank would seek her help. Beauty and intelligence are not mutually inclusive so I had no problem that she happened to be both, Elenora puts no stock into her appearance with her family's background she's just trying to remain respectable enough to work for a living. The Duke of Elsmore, Wrexham has been so busy keeping up appearances and taking care of his mother and sisters and the Dukedom the bank that his family owns has fallen on to some issues and it turns out his family finances are also a bit mucked up. Elenora agrees reluctantly, with her family history she doesn't really like titled lords. The more time they spend together the more they realize there is more to each other than meets the eye. It not hard to see why Rex fell for Elenora but she needs a bit more, she likes him and sees that he's loyal to his family but she still doesn't know if she can trust him. Little by little she opens up and hopes he doesn't break her heart and ruin her reputation.

Overall, it was a nice read. The romance between Elenora and Rex just fell a little flat for me. 







No comments:

Post a Comment