Saturday, May 9, 2015

ARC REVIEW Ryder: Bird of Prey by Nick Pengelley

Book Three in the Ayesha Ryder series. Ryder Bird of Prey is about the search of the Maltese Falcon and the lost sword of King Harold II. Requesting this book from Netgalley was a mistake I thought I could just jump in and start off at book three. I miss some character development and background. I didn't much care for the characters it's an uneven blend of Lara Croft, Indiana Jones and James Bond. I think the saving grace for this book was the action.

On the search for the maltese falcon Ayesha and mysterious librarian Joram Tate. When they find it it leads them on another chase for the lost sword of King Harold II. Which they must find before the British Prime Minister is usurped and the replacement who plans to break the United Kingdom apart. It's a twisty and turny story with lots a back stories that throws me off because just about every chapter begins with a dream or a flashback and I don't know it it was just the ARC formating but it was difficult to tell the difference from them when it starts and ends. The endings so called twist just made me roll my eyes.

I had a hard time just getting through this book. What caught my eye was the comparison to James Rollins, and I am a big fan of James Rollins, but no I would not compare this to James Rollins. The old Indiana Jones novels maybe but not Rollins. This book leaves an opening for book four but I think I'll pass.  

No comments:

Post a Comment