Tuesday, August 23, 2016

ARC REVIEW Saving Her Angel by Missy Jane

Book three of Missy Jane's Archangel series. Unfortunately I missed the first two, I did feel like I was missing out on some of the story, recurring bad guy and background on the archangels buuut the story was enough to pull me in and entertain me. I liked the characters well enough Cam was delish but oblivious and Eleanor she was special, especially to Cam. I loved the concept of the story, it was a good story but it just didn't stick with me. I enjoyed some parts more than others, they were more memorable. The ending was really good I liked the action at the end but the build up to it was just so so. Even the romance between Cam and Eleanor was not what I hoped, it wasn't until the end that it really caught my attention.

Eleanor is a wallflower, she just blends in, people easily forget about her even her boss sometimes forgets she's in the office. Which is unfortunate for her because she's been in love with her boss forever. Cam is nearing the end of this life cycle he is about to give up his ties in this town and start a new life elsewhere. Eleanor is let go from her job, and just as it is so close to never seeing each other again Cam finally takes notice.

It's the end of the world, no just kidding it's just a demon from hell trying to gain access into our world through human sacrifice. And one of the key elements is Eleanor. Cam and the other angels have to find away to defeat the demon with no loss of human life. Cam, as I said is oblivious, he doesn't think anything is worth giving up his wings for, not even Eleanor. His brother's just shake their heads it isn't until he almost loses her he realizes his mistake.

Overall, I wish I had read the first two and I wish I could like this book more. But I will probably read more from this series if they came out.    

No comments:

Post a Comment