Tuesday, October 10, 2017

ARC REVIEW Halloween Carnival Vol 2


All this week I will posting books for to help you get into the Halloween spirit, or just help you find book that will creep you out and keep you up.







MR. DARK’S CARNIVAL by Glen Hirshberg
A College professor teaching about the local Urban Legend Mr. Dark's Carnival. He's obsessed with finding the real one of it exists or it is just that an urban legend. But that night he receives tickets to the carnival, will he finally be proven wrong or is this just another frat boy prank.

This is one of those that can leave you feeling "WTF" sometimes it a good feeling and sometimes bad in my case with this book it left me indifferent. It was creepy and I love the lore he put into it but the ending just fell flat. So many unanswered questions.

THE FACTS IN THE CASE OF MY SISTER by Lee Thomas
When a young boy tries to help his sister get over her fear of monster with hypnosis he taught himself. What he doesn't realize is what he opens her up to not until years later.

It's all in the wording. This was creepy and it was good but I don't know if it belonged.

MISCHIEF NIGHT by Holly Newstein
"Cabbage Night, Goose Night, Devil’s Night—they’re all the same. Before the treats come the tricks. It’s all in good fun . . . until someone gets hurt."  blurb

In all honesty, I did not remember this one. I could not remember what it was about. When I looked back in the book I thought "oh yeah, that one" I was left very underwhelmed with this one.

THE GHOST MAKER by Del James
Hit man for the mob on Halloween, talking.

I'm not much one for mob type stories. It was interesting but not very memorable.

THE PUMPKIN BOY by Al Sarrantonio
A young boy gets lured out of his house by a pumpkin boy. Police detective becomes obsessed trying to find the boy. Detective Len Schneider is trying to make up for the past, a serial killer was caught but not before he murdered his last victim a young boy. The young boy's mother sees a animatronic pumpkin boy speaking with her son's voice. Soon after another young boy goes missing.

This is what I like. Cops with baggage, missing kids, possible serial killer on the loose, creepy af. Best one in the anthology.




No comments:

Post a Comment