Friday, March 30, 2018

ARC REVIEW Lord of Temptation by Erica Ridley


Rogues to Riches #4, I was looking forward to Hawk's book out of the friends he just seemed the most responsible and since Faith Digby was introduced and it was discovered she knew Hawk and acted like she despised him I knew they would end up together. I love second chance romance I don't think I'll ever get tired of them, but there is a secondary trope that I guess I have gotten sick of and that dragged the book down for me. Through most of the book I didn't like Faith she was very closed minded and kind of a bitch, by the end of the book I liked her a little better. Hawk I didn't like as much as I had hoped, nothing about him really stood out. Simon on the other hand made me love him even more. 

Hawk is finally getting to the point where he can finally start making money and pay off the debts that were left to him by his father and by his guardian. His mother's health is at a decline and he can barely even afford to pay for the doctor. His half brother Simon is also becoming a more stable person in his life. Simon also brings Faith back into Hawk's life. Even after all this time Hawk still loves Faith, he feels guilty for letting his Mother and advisers talk him out of marrying her. Faith isn't going to let Hawk back into her life just because he apologise. Hawk isn't going to give up on her so easily, but winning her over and trying to convince her that she dowry has nothing to do why he wants her and that he never stopped loving her is going to be difficult. Faith has a secret she's been hiding from Hawk and when it comes out both their lives life will forever change.   

Overall, not my favorite, but still a good read. I love Ridley's writing style it is always a quick read that flows easily.




Haven't read the first three books? Get them all in one fell swoop with the Rogues to Riches box set volume one.
Lord of Chance:
Anthony and Charlotte fell victim to the well known in Scotland but apparently not England law that if you announce yourself married boom you are legally married romance troupe. As tired of this troupe that I am this was cute and well executed. This has to be one of the best written books by Erica Ridley I ever read, the ending fell short for me but as a whole this story was really good.
Lord of Pleasure: 
Lord of Pleasure is book two of Erica Ridley's new series Rogues to Riches. This is another great story by Erica Ridley, the characters are likeable and the whole situation is humorous. It's a fantastic Cinderella type story. Camellia is the perfect daughter she does as she's told, she sings when they want her too and what they want her to sing, she's also the sensible one, but her parents go too far when the arrange her marriage to a much older gentleman who doesn't even have the courtesy to actually ask her, then leaves for a month. Lord Wainwright, Michael, is tired of getting his image drawn as a caricature in the paper linking him to all sorts of gossip and rakish behaviour, sometimes it's true but he's tired of being made fun of, as a joke his friends bet him he couldn't stay out of the gossip column for 40 days.
Lord of Night:
A chance meeting on the streets of St. Giles Dahlia is saving a young girl from a man with nefarious purposes and Simon comes to their aid, from that night on Simon life is different. He stops by the school and visits with the girls even helps them learn how to dance and his attraction to Dahlia grows into love. Dahlia loves Simon with all her heart but she has to many secrets from him and as much as it hurts she can not risk her girls or his job for their love. After meeting Dahlia Simon realizes there are more things to life than just being a runner even coming to terms with his half brother and becoming friends with him. Dahlia has changed his outlook on life, but will all that change after he finds out who she really is? My new favorite. I love Simon so much.





No comments:

Post a Comment