Thursday, June 14, 2018

ARC REVIEW Cowboy Bold by Carolyn Brown


Cowboy Bold (Longhorn Canyon #1)Longhorn Canyon #1, This was a great start to a new series. My opinion on it is really split there are things I really enjoyed about the book and others things that I didn't, nothing to do with Brown's ability to write, I teared up more times than I realize. It's just personal preference stuff that got on my nerves, like Cade being a Longhorns fan, as a Texas native I'm not much into football but my FIL says we root for the Aggies so we root for the Aggies. The friendly rivalry between Cade and Retta when it came to the Longhorns versus the Sooners got old real quick. There were some other things but I enjoyed the book for the most part. The family dynamic the Maguire family was nice the three brother's running the ranch and having a summer camp experience for troubled kids, where they get to learn the hard work that goes into the ranch and the value behind the hard work. I love that idea. The kids were great to they really win you over for the story. Retta and Cade's romance almost seemed like the secondary story line, the kids and the camp for me stood most for me I really enjoyed that aspect of the book. Like most of Brown's book the characters take it slow they really take the time to get to know each other and it's nice and kind of realistic the progression of their relationship, but I was disappointed in the ending. 
Overall, the kids are the best part of the story, especially Sam. As the start of a new series this was a great introduction to the characters, to Longhorn Canyon, and what all they do there. (the cover model looks a little like Scott Eastwood, yummy)

No comments:

Post a Comment