Wednesday, October 24, 2018

ARC REVIEW Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Seek by Anthony O'Neill



Dr. Jekyll and Mr. SeekThe Strange Case Continues..... Despite the 132 year difference this truly feels like a sequel the to original novella. Anthony O'Neill captured the feel, the dialogue, and the atmosphere of that time and of the first story. I always find myself fascinated with the Jekyll and Hyde story it's one of my favorite classics and I am always entertained by all the retellings of the original, especially the musical as long as it's not the Hasselhoff version.

Told from the first person POV of Mr. Utterson, like with the original, as he tries to uncover the truth about this person who claims to be his old friend Henry Jekyll. But he knows something nobody else knows something he can prove but the people who could corroborate his story are suddenly dying. I loved the dark and mysterious feel of the whole story as we see Utterson's descent into madness. The twist at the end was unsuspected and quite ingenious. Overall, between the story and where O'Neill took this and the overall feel of the book I completely enjoyed this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment