Thursday, October 11, 2018

ARC REVIEW Give Me Back My Man by Sidney Bristol



The Love Barn #1 A great fall romance. I am so glad Sidney Bristol decided to do this spin-off. When I read about Scarlett and the Love Barn in Stolen Redemption I knew I wanted more and this delivers.  I look forward to Garth and Benji's books. It maybe a spin-off but you can pick this up and read it just fine without having read the other series. The book has some great comedy elements in it like the pig issue or Cole trying to figure out they how and most definitely the why of a high school homecoming mum and even the fact that I have Love Shack stuck in my head, thank you very much. It's not all fun and games the emotional conflict between Scarlett and Cole, the sexual chemistry and the connection they feel it really brings out the best in them and at the same time all of Scarlett's worries comes forefront in her mind.

Cole's broken engagement is too recent he shouldn't be feeling this way about another woman so soon but what isn't there to love about Scarlett, she's perfect for him. Scarlett has a plan and falling in love with Cole ruins that plan. Her past relationship really screwed with her head and now she's doubting everything even her own feelings, and when the ex-fiancee shows up it all hits the fan and Cole really mucks it all up and now he's willing to move heaven and earth to get Scarlett back. Overall, this was a very enjoyable read. I love Sidney Bristol's writing and she really brings Ransom Texas to life with their go big or go home small town dynamic and the L.O. L.s are fantastic, love those meddling busy bodies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment