Monday, February 10, 2020

ARC REVIEW Forever Strong by Piper J Drake

Forever Strong (True Heroes, #6)True Heroes #6, Ever since Zu walked into the room with Buck in book 4, Total Bravery, I knew that this strong, silent, intimidating man would be my next book boyfriend. It was worth the wait because this book was fantastic. Piper J. Drake is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors, top ten easily, she's already an autobuy author, as in if I see the book on the shelf and I don't have it I buy it. I love her diverse characters, especially the ones in the latter part of the series. This was an action-packed edge of my seat story I didn't want to put down. It is definitely one of my favorites in the series.

Jang Ying Yue was one of the people that Zu rescued from a cargo container in the last book, for this story arc I would recommend reading at least from book 4 although it can be read as a standalone. Ying Yue was kidnapped in Singapore and brought to Hawaii for ransom and to manipulate her father into doing something bad with his international, has government contracts, corporation. Zu feels a pull toward Ying Yue, he feels more protective over her than anybody else. She questions him about the decisions he makes so that she understands what he's doing and voices her concerns and her wants and needs and it just makes Zu like her even more. Even after rescuing her from the initial kidnapping they realize she's still not safe and Zu won't have anyone but himself and Buck protecting her. When the shit hits the fan, as it always seems to do, friends old and new come to lend a helping hand, and dog.

Overall, I'm gonna cry I think this is the last book of the series...Say it Ain't So! I really loved this series and Forever Strong (if it is the last book) is a strong finish to the series. I loved that she brought in all True Heroes and their people from the previous books. It is a well paced action with plenty of emotion and romance, loveable dogs and one pig. Definitely great reads. 







No comments:

Post a Comment