Awaken the Darkness
(Immortal Guardians #8)
by Dianne Duvall
Kindle Edition, 414 pages
Publication: July 10th 2018 by Dianne Duvall
Return to the "utterly addictive" (RT Book Reviews), "fast-paced and humorous" (Publishers Weekly) world of New York Times bestselling author Dianne Duvall's Immortal Guardians.
He awakens encapsulated in dirt with no knowledge of how he came to be there. Riddled with injuries, he can remember neither his past nor who he is. Nor can he remember what he is. But surely no mortal man could survive being buried deep beneath the earth. All he knows with certainty is that the soothing voice and presence of the woman moving around above enables him to endure the agony of his wounds. And he will do whatever it takes to be with her.
When Susan first sees the old two-story house for sale, such warmth and longing fill her that—against all reason—she makes an offer. It will take years of hard work and money she frankly doesn’t have to fix up the place. So she can’t explain why she bought it. She also can’t explain what compels her to spend hours one night, digging in the basement until she unearths a man. A man who still lives and breathes despite having been buried alive. A man whose intense brown eyes glow amber with pain, declaring him far more than ordinary. Susan knows she should keep her distance. He has no memory and possesses gifts that would make most fear him. But as the two work together to unravel the mystery of his past, she finds herself drawn in by his teasing nature and tender touch. So much so that she loses her heart to him even as they find themselves hunted by unknown enemies who are ruthless in their quest to capture them.
WELCOME DIANNE DUVALL TO THE BLOG!!!!!!!!
Hello! Thanks so much for joining me. I’m very happy to be here, celebrating the release of AWAKEN THE DARKNESS, Immortal Guardians Book 8. If you like a lot of action, passion, humor and romance in your stories, then I think you’ll enjoy Susan and Stanislav’s book. And if you’re new to my Immortal Guardians series, don’t worry. Each novel and novella can be read as a stand-alone, so you won’t be lost if you dive in with this one. You’ll just know more about the secondary characters if you read them in order.
I’m a bit of an introvert by nature and tend to not talk about myself much. So today I thought I would change things up a bit and share with you…
5 Things You May Not Know About Me.
1) I once wielded a machete and alternately snuck up behind unsuspecting victims or ran toward them while screaming like a madwoman in an Independent film. I was also once disemboweled in an independent film and later crawled out of a moonlit grave. Horror movies are really fun to make. LOL
2) As a child and young adult, I used to spend my summers exploring ghost towns and old abandoned mines with my parents. Not the tourist attraction ghost towns. But the ones you could only find after hours of traveling barely distinguishable dirt roads that could barely be navigated by a jeep with four-wheel drive. And though I never encountered any ghosts in the crumbling structures we explored, those adventures sparked my imagination and fueled my love of paranormal fiction. They’re also likely the reason a ghost has been part of my Immortal Guardians series ever since I wrote the first book.
3) I binge-watch favorite TV shows. I hate watching a new episode of a favorite show, then waiting a week to see another, then waiting another week. And sometimes the many hats I wear as a writer leave me with a dearth of downtime that makes me forget to tune in. So I usually just wait until the show hits DVD or Netflix, then sit down and binge-watch the whole season over a weekend, usually as a reward for meeting a big publishing deadline.
4) That’s me singing in the A Sorceress of His Own trailer. And I’m still not sure how the composer and sound engineer talked me into doing it. LOL
5) Before I started writing full-time, I provided special effects make-up for local independent filmmakers. Some would call it blood and guts make-up. I also provided other special effects (like making safety glass that could be shattered on an actor without injuring him or her, that sort of thing). It was a lot of fun. And those experiences are why independent filmmaking is occasionally referenced in my Immortal Guardians books, namely in Night Reigns and Awaken the Darkness.
Don't miss a heart-pounding moment of Dianne Duvall's "utterly addictive" Immortal Guardians series!
Dianne Duvall is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of the Immortal Guardians series and The Gifted Ones series. Reviewers have called Dianne's books "fast-paced and humorous" (Publishers Weekly), "utterly addictive" (RT Book Reviews), "extraordinary" (Long and Short Reviews), and"wonderfully imaginative" (The Romance Reviews). Her books have twice been nominated for RT Reviewers' Choice Awards and are routinely deemed Top Picks by RT Book Reviews, The Romance Reviews,and/or Night Owl Reviews.
Dianne loves all things creative. When she isn't writing, Dianne is active in the independent film industry and has even appeared on-screen, crawling out of a moonlit grave and wielding a machete like some of the vampires she creates in her books.
For the latest news on upcoming releases, contests, and more, please visit DianneDuvall.com. You can also find Dianne online . . .
(1) $50 Amazon Gift Card
(1) $25 Amazon Gift Card
(1) Immortal Guardians Prize pack