Wednesday, August 22, 2018

ARC REVIEW Through the Fire by Katie Ruggle



Through the Fire (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, #4)Rocky Mountain K-9 Unit #4, I knew I shouldn't have started this book at night, at bedtime I got a sudden case of "Insomnia" and could not sleep. I even went as far as putting the book down but then the characters started whispering in my head telling me I was missing something so picked up the book and started reading again and around four o'clock in the morning I finished it and was finally able to fall asleep. Funny how that things work, huh? If you have read any of my previous review for this series you know how much I love this series and this author you also know I love the strong silent types and really smart ones too, Wesley March fits that bill to a T.

Kit is the newest member of the Rocky Mountain K-9 Unit and she has her bloodhound. It's her first day on the job and it already is starts off with a bang, or should I say a blazing inferno. Luckily the newest K-9 is trained in tracking people and Justice, Kit's bloodhound, is up to the task unfortunately Justice leads them straight to Jules' house. Jules has a new "Old Friend" visiting and everyone but Jules takes her at face value. Jules knows Justice wasn't wrong tracking the scent to that house, and later after another incident the same thing the bloodhound leads them straight to Jules house. It's bad enough that Kit doesn't feel like she fits in but she knows her co-workers aren't telling her everything and they don't trust her yet. So far the only one who really believes her is Wesley March. Wes is the Fire Watcher set just outside the city limits upon meeting Kit he feels a connection to her, and Wes is a loner he lives at the watchtower all year round, rarely makes it into town for supplies but after meeting Kit he finds any excuse to see her. Kit is quite taken with Wes as well. 

The Peace never lasts for long in Monroe and soon the life Jules and the kids have built here starts to fall apart with the appearance of yet another stranger. Overall, this was a great conclusion to the series. Wes is so freakin' adorable I want one of my own. Justice and the other dogs make the book along with the kids. Katie Ruggle never ceases to amaze me with the crap she puts her characters through. The series is really one that should be read in order because it all ties in together but it's a great series.     


No comments:

Post a Comment