Monday, May 13, 2019

ARC REVIEW Unbroken by Jay Crownover

Unbroken (Loveless, Texas #0.5) Loveless Texas #0.5, Prequel novella to the new series by Jay Crownover. A great opposites attract romance and a start to a new series; rodeo cowboy Crew Lawton and high maintenance city girl Della Devereaux find love. Crew has a gambling problem and he is deep in debt to a very bad man and even after throwing his entire season the loan shark says Crew still owes him money. Crew's manager screwed him over and after signing Crew's name to a new sponsor promoting a new line of men's beauty care and then stealing the advance. But it's fortuitous for Crew because when Della shows up out of the blue demanding if he want the money he must do everything she says, with the rest of the payment more than enough to settle his debt Crew is all in. But the loan shark has his claws in deep and won't let go of Crew that easily.

Crew and Della are a good match, they balance each other out; I liked the connection they shared. This is my first Crownover and I liked it I look forward to the rest of the series. The brief introduction to the rest of the Lawton family was a memorable one and intriguing enough to make me want more. The writing style and narration kept me pulled in to the story. As a novella this satisfied me, it was like eating a snack that hit the spot. 





No comments:

Post a Comment