Friday, January 18, 2019

ARC REVIEW Cowboy Wolf Trouble by Kait Ballenger

Cowboy Wolf Trouble (Seven Range Shifters Book 1) Seven Range Shifters #1, "Seven shifter clans call the Montana mountains home. But a new evil will stop at nothing to tear their world apart."

With a blurb intro like that how could a PNR fan like myself not be interested in this book?! And the title Cowboys and Shifters, I mean come on it's just asking to be read. Unfortunately it wasn't as good as I hoped, don't get me wrong there was nothing bad about it it just didn't grab my attention, I was easily distracted while reading and I was indifferent to the characters, I didn't feel any connection to them especially the secondary characters. I liked the concept of seven different shifter clans secreted away in the wilds of Montana and the action, the fight scenes, were really done well I enjoyed those.

Wes was once the Alpha of a renegade pack, but after a betrayal of the worst kind he abdicated his birthright and swore fealty to the Grey Wolves alpha. Three years later he still feels like an outsider and that no one trust him even the Alpha dismisses his concerns that his former pack is up to something. Naomi Evans is a biologist who inherited her father's ranch and she is struggling to keep it especially now with her sheep mysteriously dying. Blaming the local wolves seems convenient until she catches one in a trap and he turns into a man. Wes knows the wolves aren't responsible for her sheep it isn't until she explains how they died that he puts two and two together. Now Wes must work to keep his new pack and the woman he's fallen in love with alive even if that means breaking every rule.


Overall, it was an okay read. I liked the idea of the book but the characters didn't do it for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment