Tuesday, January 8, 2019

ARC REVIEW Forever Broken by Carrie Ann Ryan

Forever Broken (Talon Pack, #9)Talon Pack #9, The final book of the series! This makes me sad even though I know she's not done with this world and she plans to come back at some future point this was the genre I fell in love with her writing way back in the beginning with The Redwood Pack. So it is sad for me to see the characters go I'm happy they all have HEAs at least for the time being.

Cheyenne Liles is the last of her friends to get something more than Friend of the Pack status. She was ready to move on with her life move away and start again somewhere new until the bastard Alpha Leader of the Aspen Pack kidnaps her and starts torturing her. After he leaves her for dead something happens that leads up to a chain of events that changes everything.

Max was broken, not the same shifter he once was, no longer the happy one always ready with a joke not letting the packs horrible past get to him. No one comes away from an epic battle without some damage and due to the events in the last story arc Max was forever changed. He never thought he could find his mate and be a good mate and it never even registered that his attraction to Cheyenne might be something more until her life was on the line and then suddenly the bond was there. With Cheyenne surviving they had some clue as to what their enemy was up to but nothing prepared them for him actually doing it.

Overall, this was one hell of a conclusion and one I didn't expect. I kept distracting myself at the end of the book because I was delaying the inevitable, I really did not want this to end. It was an emotional and freaking HOT romance Max and Cheyenne finding out how they fit together and how together they fit with the pack. I love how CAR writes a battle scene how it's total chaos but her writing isn't it just portrays the chaos and the violence, it's edge of your seat, holding your breath, and reading as fast as you can action.       




No comments:

Post a Comment